July 2015 – Present
Moore Center for Orthopedics. Columbia, SC
2012 – July 2015
Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Medical Center. Dayton, OH
|2006 – 2012|
Wright-State University / Boonshoft School of Medicine. Dayton, OH
2007 – 2012
|OHIO UNIVERSITY. Athens, OH
||2010 – 2013|
|HOSPITAL FOR SPECIAL SURGERY. New York, NY
|BARNES-JEWISH HOSPITAL. St. Louis, MO
||2000 – 2005|
|WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE. St. Louis, MO
||1996 – 2000|
|DUKE UNIVERSITY. Durham, NC
||1992 – 1996|
- Society of Military Orthopedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, Vail, CO. December 13-17, 2010. Moderator, Spine Paper Session.
- Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, 2010. Article reviewer
- Society of Military Orthopedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, Vail, CO. December 11-15, 2007 Moderator, Spine Paper Session.
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Medical Center. 2006 – 2009 Director, Orthopedic Physician Assistant Training Program.
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital / Washington University Orthopaedic Residency Program. July 2004 – June 2005. Administrative Chief Resident.
- Washington University Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery. July 2004 – June 2005. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Resident Liaison.
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital / Washington University Orthopedic Residency Program. July 2000- June 2005. Education Committee member.
- Scoliosis Research Society. Study on-site with pediatric scoliosis expert Laurel C. Blakemore, MD. Children’s National Medical Center, Washington DC. March 2007. Edgar Dawson Traveling Scholarship.
- North American Spine Society 19th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 26-30, 2004. Resident Travel Scholarship Recipient.
- Smith & Nephew’s Residents’ Research Competition. Memphis, TN, August 20-21, 2004. Finalist for “Radiographic Analysis of Acetabular and Femoral Osseous Abnormalities Associated with Labral Tears.”
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association 22nd Annual Meeting, La Quinta, CA, April 14-18, 2004. Resident Travel Grant Recipient.
- Arthroscopy Association of North America 22nd Annual Meeting Phoenix, AZ, April 24-27, 2003. 2003 Resident Scholarship Award sponsored by Smith and Nephew, Inc. for presentation “Correlation of MR Arthrography with Hip Arthroscopy in the Evaluation of Occult Hip Disorders.”
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons `
- North American Spine Society
- Society of Military Orthopedic Surgeons
- South Carolina Spine Society
Extracurricular Orthopedic Endeavors
- Health Volunteers Overseas. Served as orthopedic physician at St. Jude’s Hospital, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia. November 14-26, 2004. Provided clinic, emergency, and surgical orthopedic services for local population.
- Burdine ST, Peelle MW. Isolated compartment syndrome of the extensor carpi ulnaris muscle. Journal of American Academy of Physician Assistants 2011;23(2):33-4.
- Klimo P Jr, Peelle MW. Use of polyetheretherketone space and recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 in the cervical spine: a radiographic analysis. Spine J. 2009;9(12):959-66.
- Borrelli J, Jr., Peelle M, McFarland E, Evanoff B, Ricci WM. Computer-reconstructed Images are as good as plain radiographs for assessment of acetabular Fractures. Am J Orthop 2008;37(9):455-9.
- Peelle MW, Boachie-Adjei O, Charles G, Kanazawa Y, Mesfin A. Lumbar curve response to selective thoracic fusion in adult idiopathic scoliosis. Spine J 2008;8(6):897-903.
- Peelle MW and Luhmnan SJ. Management of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Neurosurg Clin N Am. 2007;18:575-83.
- Pingsterhaus JM, Peelle MW, Sicard GA, McDonald DJ. Pseudoaneurysm from a traumatic osteochondroma leading to rapid neurological compromise. Orthopedics. 2007;30:399-400
- Peelle MW, Rawlins BA, Frelinghuysen P. A Novel Source of Cancellous Autograft for ACDF Surgery: the Manubrium. J Spinal Disord Tech 2007;20:36-41.
- Dobbs MB, Lenke LG, Kim YJ, Kamath G, Peelle MW, Bridwell KH. Selective posterior thoracic fusions for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: comparison of hooks versus pedicle screws. Spine 2006;31:2400-4.
- Peelle MW, Lenke LG, Bridwell KH, Sides B. Comparison of pelvic fixation techniques in neuromuscular spinal deformity correction: Galveston rod versus iliac and lumbosacral screws. Spine 2006;31:2392-8.
- Peelle MW, Della Rocca GJ, Maloney WJ, Curry MC, Clohisy JC. Acetabular and femoral osseous abnormalities asociated with labral tears. Clin Orthop 2005; 441:327-333.
- Rinella A, Lenke LG, Whitaker C, Kim YJ, Park SS, Peelle M, Edwards C, Bridwell KH. Perioperative halo-gravity traction in the treatment of severe scoliosis and kyphosis. Spine 2005; 30:475-82.
- Keeney JA, Peelle MW, Jackson J, Rubin D, Maloney WJ, Clohisy JC. Magnetic Resonance Arthrography versus Arthroscopy in the Evaluation of Articular Hip Pathology. Clin Orthop 2004; 429:163-9.
- Edwards CC, Lenke LG, Peelle MW, Sides B, Rinella AS, and Bridwell KH. Selective Thoracic Fusion for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis with C Modifier Lumbar Curves: 2- to 16-Year Radiographic and Clinical Results. Spine 2004; 29(5):536-546.
- Rinella AS, Lenke LG, Peelle MW, Edwards CC, Bridwell KH, Sides B. Comparison of SRS Questionnaire Results Submitted by Both Parents and Patients in Operative Treatment of Idiopathic Scoliosis. Spine 2004; 29(3):303-10.
- Dobbs MB, Lenke LG, Corley CL, Bridwell KH, Peelle MW, Steger-May K. Can We Predict the Ultimate Lumbar Curve in Adolescent Idiopathic Patients Undergoing a Selective Fusion With Undercorrection of the Thoracic Curve? Spine 2004; 29(3):227-85.